Frank N. Furtrer

Default Installing a NG BBQ

Hi:

I apologize if this is not the correct group for this question. If not, I
would appreciate if someone would point me in the right direction.

I am looking to install fittings for a natural gas grill. I already have a
line installed out to my deck. There is a valve installed on the line
inside at the source of the connection. Outside, there is a 1/2 externally
threaded connector that is capped. I want to remove the cap and install a
quick-connect fitting. I'm wondering if it is necessary to install another
valve between the termination of the outside line and the quick connect.
The quick connect has an internally threaded connector that could be
attached directly to the outdoor line. The valves all have internally
threaded connectors as well. If I was to install a valve, I would need some
sort of connector between the valve and the quick connect.

Inside House Outside house
Valve--------|----Line------->>> >>Ext. Valve<< <<Quick Connect

My problem is that the connections beteen the valve and the quick connect
are both internally threaded. Is the external valve necesary?