Bubba

Rich wrote:

>I am going to a family reunion in August, a pot luck in a public park. What
>to take is the question. This is problem of logistics. I will be flying to
>Florida, then driving my mother in her car to Missouri for the reunion, a
>two day trip. We'll be staying in motels, so no kitchens will be available.
>I think Mom has an old Coleman gas camp stove, but I coubt that it has been
>lit for years. We both have reputations as good cooks, so just taking
>something from the supermarket deli or some KFC chicken doesn't feel right.
>
>Any ideas for a pot luck offering that could survive two days in a cooler or
>could be improvised in the motel or in the park?
>
>Thanks.

A trick I once used to freeze a cassoulet for a Thanksgiving camping trip:
Everything went into ziplock freezer bags and was frozen. I placed a
small cooler filled with water in a chest freezer and when the edges had
iced I inserted the frozen bags and completed freezing the water-filled
cooler....locking the already frozen baggies in a big ice cube.
Six days after removing the cooler from the freezer I had to run
everything under water in order to thaw it.
A cassoulet in a tent under the pines....with the Love of my
life.....not bad for a po' dumb country boy!

Good Luck!!!
Bubba

--
You wanna measure, or you wanna cook?