rmg

"Rich" > wrote in message
news
> I am going to a family reunion in August, a pot luck in a public park.

What
> to take is the question. This is problem of logistics. I will be flying to
> Florida, then driving my mother in her car to Missouri for the reunion, a
> two day trip. We'll be staying in motels, so no kitchens will be

available.
> I think Mom has an old Coleman gas camp stove, but I coubt that it has

been
> lit for years. We both have reputations as good cooks, so just taking
> something from the supermarket deli or some KFC chicken doesn't feel

right.

> Any ideas for a pot luck offering that could survive two days in a cooler

or
> could be improvised in the motel or in the park?

Hmm. How about crepes (they are pretty hearty actually). Wrap them together
in saran in your little cooler.
You could make-ahead some nice fillings like:

- creme fraiche, smoked salmon, dill and/or a bit of roe
- fresh berries and creme fraiche
- nice thinly sliced ham and light cheese for rolling with the crepe
- get a jar of Embasa Mole and mix a little of it with sour cream or cream
cheese. Fill the crepe with that and smoked chicken or turkey

Well, that's a start...

cheers, rox