Alan S

On Wed, 4 May 2005 10:52:18 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>I see all of the negativity here, so I am out before it affects MY faith.
>
>God bless each and everyone of you.
>
>Wayne

Hi Wayne

You would be aware of the parables.

It's raining a lot here at the moment, and it reminded me of
a story.

A man sat listening to flood warnings on his radio on a
stormy night. He was a religious man so he did not worry.
The storms came, the rains came. the rains continued and
slowly the waters began to rise.

It continued raining, the waters now flooded his ground
floor. The whole town was flooded. The emergency services
began evacuating the residents.

Rescuers in a boat knocked at his door and urged him to jump
into the boat and to be taken to a place of safety.

He steadfastly refused. "God will save me, rescue others
whose need is greater than mine".... The rescuers left.

The rains continued unabatedly. The waters continued to
rise. By now the flood waters were 10ft high and the man was
forced to go upstairs. He was kneeling and praying when he
heard a banging on the window.

"come on, get into the boat and we will take you to higher
ground." the rescuers shouted.

"No!.. I'm ok, I have faith in God, he will save me, go and
rescue others who are in more need." He replied. The
rescuers left....

The storms continued into the night and so the flood waters
continued rising. By now the waters had risen 20ft and the
man was forced to climb onto the roof of his house.
He was clinging desperately onto the chimney stack.

He was dazzled by a search light from above and a voice from
a loudhailer urged him to climb the ladder and board the
helicopter to be taken to a place of safety.

He still refused, insisting that his God would save him.
......The helicopter left.

The storm raged on and the waters continued to rise. Sadly
the man eventually drowned.....

He died and went to heaven.

As he arrived atthe pearly gates, he had to ask God one
question, "You know that I've always been a religious man
and have lived a righteous life, what I can't understand is,
Why didn't you save me from the floods?"

God replied, "I sent two boats and a helicopter, what more
did you want?"

You make your own decisions. But you might want to think
about whether the boats and helicopters have already been in
touch with you here and at your doctor's surgery.

I sent a test email without response.

Good luck, whatever you do.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.