Eric Jorgensen

On 3 May 2005 19:38:48 -0700
wrote:

> curly mustache wrote:
> > I drink it and enjoy it. It is a CTC tea. (Its granulated.)
> >
> > posters have said that it is the same as PG tips. It well may be

> true.
> > Its very close,but the pg tips I have are bags and taj mahal is

> loose.
> >
> > Taj mahal tea is bargain. enjoy.

> What is "PG tips"?

A british tea brand. The truth in advertising laws required that they
stop calling it "Pre Gestative" because they can't prove that it helps you
digest food. It's a blend of at least 200 different clones from a variety
of locales.

If you want to drink what a lot of britons are drinking, that's one of
the brands you can try. Whether that means it's good tea is an exercise for
the reader.

> What is "CYC"?

CTC - Crush/Tear/Curl - it means that they've mechanically processed the
tea into smaller bits that release their flavor more quickly. Steeping
times should be cut short with CTC teas.