Alan S

On Wed, 4 May 2005 00:10:48 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>Type 2 can be cured. Type 1 can be also, but it takes God right now to do
>it. Once the weight is off, the blood pressure is down and the Diabetes type
>2 is gone. That is cured. Of course, one could have a relapse, but only if
>they neglect their diet and exercise.
>
>ewwhww

I hope you are ready for some flak Wayne.

Type 2, as of this moment, cannot be cured. You had better
learn to accept that you now have an incurable disease
(condition if you prefer).

However, it can be managed, treated, or controlled. For some
people it can even be controlled so well that they may think
they are cured. They are not; they are just well controlled.

Weight loss will assist control, and is very important IMO,
but it does not cure. We have a lot of posters here who have
successfully lost weight - but still need meds or insulin,
or, like me, cannot eat cereal for breakfast without a
spike. Also, like me, they cannot relax control for a few
months without the A1c rising again. That is not a relapse,
it is simply diminished control - or progression.

Be very careful in the words you use; some here take them
very literally.

I'll let the type 1s talk about cures there. Where god
enters the cure controversy, I'm not sure. Death cures all
ills.

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.
--
I have no medical qualifications beyond my own experience.
Choose your advisers carefully, because experience can be