EwwHww

Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
> EwwHww wrote on 03 May 2005 in alt.food.diabetic
>
>> Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
>>> There are no carbs in Fat. In fact the fat gets all burnt up and
>>> your LDL level drops...so go full fat... at least at 20 carbs a
>>> day it does.
>>>
>>> So go mad use real eggs...real hard cheeses. I found that skin
>>> left on chicken works well in the low carb diet.

>> The problem is I am very overweight. I am 6'2" and weighed in last
>> thursday at 283. And I have small bones. That is the reason for
>> the low fat diet. Plus, type 2 diabetes can be cured with weight
>> loss and exercise. I am doing both.
>>

> I was 265 last August...I'm 5 foot 10 inches or less (shinkage due to
> age). So I was fatter than you.
> I now fluxuate around 220 (lowest to date 216) Because I have relaxed
> my diet too much.
> I am Type 2 as well. I lost 30 lbs during the fall and
> winter...Thansgiving and Xmas.
>
> I ate a lot of chicken and brocolli or green beans or brussel sprouts
> or cabbage or spinach. And a lot of salads with cheese and nuts...all
> low carb.
> My end of August goal is 200 lbs. My Xmas goal is 180. But I've lost
> enough weight so far to make a good change in my BG levels...hardly
> ever go over 6 mmol anymore.
>
> I also ate a lot of fat from chicken skins, hamburger, bacon, pork and
> butter on my veggies etc... my LDL dropped my HDL increased I am way
> better than I was and hope to be better yet. I cheated about once a
> month...ate whole Pizzas etc...still I've lost around about 45 lbs to
> date.
>
> But I haven't done the dreaded portion control (yet). I ate all I
> wanted limited to 3 meals a day... and no snacks. A average dinner for
> me would be 1/2 a chicken and a low carb veggie maybe 2 veggies. A
> average breakfast would be a 4 (real) egg mushroom omlette. Lunch
> involved the other half of the chicken.
>
> Google low carb recipes and get a nutritional counter. You'll eat
> better. And enjoy your life style change more. Do the BG testing 8 or
> 10 times a day to figure what you can not eat. Test first thing in the
> morning...Just prior to any meal, 1 and 2 hours after each meal and
> eliminate all foods that causes BG spikes.
>
> I crave rice and popcorn...I'll get used to that sooner or later.

Cool. I believe you will reach your goal.

I have so much energy now, I don't know what to do with it. I get up in the
middle of the night and clean house. I do a 30 minute fast walk every day,
and 20 repitions on my exercise machine on a hard setting. And, I walk to
the stores around me several times a day. I wonder if it has to do with my
high blood pressure medicine? Of course I know that quitting drinking gives
energy too as alcohol is a depressant.

I am aiming to lost 90 pounds by August. Maybe not a reasonable goal, but
my friends never accused me of being reasonable. LOL

Later,
ewwhww