Monsur Fromage du Pollet

EwwHww wrote on 03 May 2005 in alt.food.diabetic

> Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
> > There are no carbs in Fat. In fact the fat gets all burnt up and
> > your LDL level drops...so go full fat... at least at 20 carbs a
> > day it does.
> >
> > So go mad use real eggs...real hard cheeses. I found that skin
> > left on chicken works well in the low carb diet.

> The problem is I am very overweight. I am 6'2" and weighed in last
> thursday at 283. And I have small bones. That is the reason for
> the low fat diet. Plus, type 2 diabetes can be cured with weight
> loss and exercise. I am doing both.

I was 265 last August...I'm 5 foot 10 inches or less (shinkage due to
age). So I was fatter than you.
I now fluxuate around 220 (lowest to date 216) Because I have relaxed
my diet too much.
I am Type 2 as well. I lost 30 lbs during the fall and
winter...Thansgiving and Xmas.

I ate a lot of chicken and brocolli or green beans or brussel sprouts
or cabbage or spinach. And a lot of salads with cheese and nuts...all
low carb.
My end of August goal is 200 lbs. My Xmas goal is 180. But I've lost
enough weight so far to make a good change in my BG levels...hardly
ever go over 6 mmol anymore.

I also ate a lot of fat from chicken skins, hamburger, bacon, pork and
butter on my veggies etc... my LDL dropped my HDL increased I am way
better than I was and hope to be better yet. I cheated about once a
month...ate whole Pizzas etc...still I've lost around about 45 lbs to
date.

But I haven't done the dreaded portion control (yet). I ate all I
wanted limited to 3 meals a day... and no snacks. A average dinner for
me would be 1/2 a chicken and a low carb veggie maybe 2 veggies. A
average breakfast would be a 4 (real) egg mushroom omlette. Lunch
involved the other half of the chicken.

Google low carb recipes and get a nutritional counter. You'll eat
better. And enjoy your life style change more. Do the BG testing 8 or
10 times a day to figure what you can not eat. Test first thing in the
morning...Just prior to any meal, 1 and 2 hours after each meal and
eliminate all foods that causes BG spikes.

I crave rice and popcorn...I'll get used to that sooner or later.

Type 2 Diabetic Since Aug 2004
1AC- 7.2, 7.3, 5.5, 5.6 mmol
Weight from 265 down to 219 lbs. and dropping.
Continuing to be Manitoban