EwwHww

Alan S wrote:

> Hi
>
> Are you intending this to be an every day menu or is it
> representative of a general idea? What, if anything, are you
> planning for between-meal snacks?

Just what I had today. No, I have lean chicken, fish, and different veggies.

> If it's going to be the same thing every day, it may bore
> you very quickly and appears to be light in some nutrients
> and vitamins. I'm not certain what's in your salad mix, but
> it would appear to be very low in fibre too.

I get more fiber with my veggies like Brocolli. I might have left that out?

> Be careful of hot dogs and all forms of sausage. The carb
> and fat level in them varies enormously depending on the
> manufacturer. Some are excellent, and some can be up to 20%
> carbs. Let your the label or your meter guide you there.

I am. I found that all beef fat free hot dogs have 5 grams of carbs while
regular hot dogs have 4 grams. I use Bryan's.

> For omelettes I use whole eggs, but fewer of them. For
> example, this morning's breakfast was a single egg frittata,
> including a rasher of bacon (cooked, drained and chopped)
> and 1/2 cup of mixed veges (see http://tinyurl.com/9o6fq)
> topped with full-fat mozzarella and finished under the grill
> (broiler).

Did you know that if you had 3 egg whites it is less calories than 1 whole
egg?

> Full-fat cheese is usually around 30-35% fat. Non-fat tastes
> like plastic to me, and low-fat is usually about 20% fat. So
> I use full-fat, but less of it.

Tastes fine to me.

> First impressions are that it's heavy in red meat and zero
> in fish. I'll analyze it a little and get back to you.

see above.

> Is there any particular reason why you've chosen 30 carbs
> per day as your target?

To get my weight off as quick as possible. I am exercising too. I will
probably relax after I get my first 30 pounds off, but right now I am in
panic mode.

ewwhww