Roy

>Why not just buy a tube pan before the next time you want to bake an
angel
>food cake? They're not that expensive, and will make a much prettier

and
>loftier cake than some makeshift solution. You'll be able to use a

tube pan
>for a lot of other things.

I agree,,,,,improvisation with baking pans can sometimes led to bad
results
Several years back I was baking a batch of pullman breads and I did not
have enough lids to cover the bread tins as some of the lids were
dented and cannot fit .
..Instead I used a baking tray to cover the loaf tins tins but during
baking it lifted the trays resulting in odd shaped pullman loaves!