Alan S

On Tue, 3 May 2005 17:11:36 -0500, "EwwHww"
> wrote:

>Breakfast: 3 egg whites and 1 fat free hot dog fried in Pam.
> Sprinkle just a little non fat shredded cheddar
> 1 Jalapeņo Pepper
> (cook like a skillet omelet)
> 1 cup decaff coffee (if you can take caffeine then go for
>it)
>
>Lunch: 1/2 cup salad mix (the cheap kind)
> 1/6 cup fat free shredded cheddar cheese
> 2 teaspoons no fat dressing with splenda
> 1 can Diet Rite
>
>Supper: 4 ounces lean Top Sirloin (grilled)
> 1/2 cup frozen spinach
> 1/2 cup frozen green beans
> 1 can Diet Rite or 2 cups of Good Tea (No caffeine if
>needed)
> and flavor with your favorite sugar substitute.
>

>What do you think? I also recommend drinking 8 glasses of water a day too.

Hi

Are you intending this to be an every day menu or is it
representative of a general idea? What, if anything, are you
planning for between-meal snacks?

If it's going to be the same thing every day, it may bore
you very quickly and appears to be light in some nutrients
and vitamins. I'm not certain what's in your salad mix, but
it would appear to be very low in fibre too.

Be careful of hot dogs and all forms of sausage. The carb
and fat level in them varies enormously depending on the
manufacturer. Some are excellent, and some can be up to 20%
carbs. Let your the label or your meter guide you there.

For omelettes I use whole eggs, but fewer of them. For
example, this morning's breakfast was a single egg frittata,
including a rasher of bacon (cooked, drained and chopped)
and 1/2 cup of mixed veges (see http://tinyurl.com/9o6fq)
topped with full-fat mozzarella and finished under the grill
(broiler).

Full-fat cheese is usually around 30-35% fat. Non-fat tastes
like plastic to me, and low-fat is usually about 20% fat. So
I use full-fat, but less of it.

First impressions are that it's heavy in red meat and zero
in fish. I'll analyze it a little and get back to you.

Is there any particular reason why you've chosen 30 carbs
per day as your target?

Cheers Alan, T2, Australia.