jmcquown

Dog3 wrote:
> Ewwww... I'm sorry but this really grossed me out. As curious and
> liberal as I am about tasting, eating and drinking different things,
> these cocktails are too much for me.
>
> Michael
>
> Fri Apr 29,12:08 PM ET REUTERS
>
> LIMA, Peru (Reuters) - Peruvian officials saved some 4,000 endangered
> frogs from being whizzed into popular drinks after they were found
> hidden in an abattoir.
>
> "We were checking the fridges when out jumped a frog. It had escaped,
> they were in big crates," a spokesman for Lima city hall said on
> Thursday.

No thank you.

Crustacean Cocktail
(from Jarrett's in Memphis)

1-1/2 c. Mixed Citrus Juice
2 c. V-8 Juice
splash Olive Oil
1 Poblano pepper (diced fine)
1 Red Bell (diced fine)
1/2 Red Onion (diced fine)
1/2 bunch of cilantro (chopped)
1 tsp. ground coriander
1 tsp. cumin
2 seeded and diced jalapenos
2 oz. Simple Syrup
1 oz. Sambal
Shrimp, shelled & deveined
Lobster meat, picked over

1-1/2 cups mixed citrus juice; 2 c. V-8 Juice; 1c. Olive Oil; 1 Poblano
pepper (diced fine); 1 Red Bell (diced fine); 1/2 Red Onion (diced fine) 1/2
bunch of cilantro, (chopped); 1 tsp. ground coriander; 1 tsp. cumin. Blend
the juices herbs and spices together. Chill well.

Portion: 4 Shrimp (21-25 count) and 2 oz. Lobster meat into dessert
glasses. Pour the juice over the top. Garnish with Avocado Tomato Salsa.
(sorry, don't have the recipe for that)

Jill