Mary Beth Goodman

In article
therwhen.com>,
Mike Avery > wrote:

> I have a Hobart era KitchenAid, a K45SS. And when I read the manual it
> warns me that it can't knead more than two batches of bread in a row,
> and that it then needs a 40 minute rest.
>
> I wonder how many people with KitchenAid problems just assume it can
> knead and knead and knead all day long.... until it fries. And then
> it's a piece of junk in the eye of the purchaser.

I think you're right -- I know that when I got my grinding attachment,
it clearly said to only use it for so long and then to let the machine
rest.

On the plus side, when my 4 year old, 5 qt KA died suddenly,
Williams-Sonoma replaced it. Since that model was out of production,
they let me pay the difference towards a new 6 qt model and I couldn't
be happier with it.

The bread I'm making has a big portion of pre-ferment, and an autolyse
phase, so the actual machine time is pretty darn short. I find that
pretty amazing actually, but it sure does it well. My big workout
personally is moving it in the kitchen because it's too tall to sit on
my counter! :-)

I've made double batches of cookies and it makes it look SO easy (and
heck the co-workers never complain, eh?)

I think what I learned in my experience was that it was worth buying a
good product from a company that would stand behind what it sells. My
next purchase will be an extra bowl for it.

--
Mary Beth
Orientation::Quilter