Adam Preble

Default A six gallon kit in a ~5 gallon secondary fermenter

I have a problem here where I have a kit that makes 6 gallons of wine,
which won't fit in my secondary fermenter. It will all fit in the
primary, so my plan is to mix the entire volume as normal in the primary
fermenter, but only move over 5 gallons into the secondary. There are a
lot of disclaimers about making 5 gallons of wine from the mix. My
impression of all of them is that is using the full kit with only 5
gallons of starting water. I think I'd be in the clear here if I do it
this way. Am I asking for serious trouble?