Donald Tsang

>Just would like to ask, is induction cooktop safe?
>
>Most people said that it is safe, because it produce no flame, and
>with auto shut off, over heat protection etc...
>
>But how about the Electromanagtic Wave that it generates? It is
>harmful to human body?

Most modern Induction ranges (including the Sunpentown we have) auto-
detect the presence of induction-compatible objects (hopefully cookware)
on them, and turn off rings that aren't getting that feedback.

Therefore, if your induction burner is working properly, there
really shouldn't be any significant magnetic waves coming out from
it, since they'll be completely absorbed by the pan.

I wouldn't leave my induction burner on high, with or without a pan
on it, and walk away, but I wouldn't do that with any burner. We
have, though, used the auto-temperature settings to simmer stews
for hours while we were out of the house.

Donald

PS The term "Electromagnetic Waves" usually refers to photons
(light, radio, etc).