On Wed, 27 Apr 2005 09:33:03 -0700, "Dutch" > wrote:

>>http://home.datawest.net/esn-recover...re%20facts%20p

>resented
>> >19. Ignore facts presented, demand impossible proofs. This is perhaps a
>> >variant of the 'play dumb' rule.

>> Ignores request for facts,

>Rule 19 of disinformation, 'Demand impossible proofs'

Let's take this over to sci.sketpic shall we? Then you can see
how they will tear you to shreds over there. Whimpering over
demds for proof just doesn't cut it. I double dare you.

>No it isn't, it is on me to present a reasonable case supported by
>facts. I have done so.

You have not.

>> If you cannot prove it then it's just all fluff.

>Wrong, this is a debate about ethics, not a counting game.

Dude, I am not a vegan. I am a vegetarian.

>> However, that article you linked to also had the link to its own
>> rebuttal, which did present some hard numbers.

>Numbers don't make an argument. Matheny is a master of
>the strawman. Matheny is not a scientist and has done no research.

Very well. I will put it over on sci.skeptic myself, and crosslink it
to here, and we shall see what we shall see.....

and you will end up crying in the corner.

>> In other words, the rebuttal article was solid, and the one you
>> quoted was ridiculous.

>In other words, Davis research gores your ox. The research reveals
>that machine harvesting decimates populations of mammals, and it
>destroys populations of amphibians and insects. It does not even
>discuss the effects of spraying, which are even more harmful. These
>facts should cause any thoughtful person who has embraced the
>"vegan ethic" to re-assess their ethical model. The curious thing is
>that it seldom does, it causes people like dropout Matheny and you
>to launch campaigns of denial, disinformation and strawmen.

The use of the term "populations" seems a bit of an overstatement,
intended to maximize the lack of numbers or research you have to back
up anyhitng you say.