Eric Jorgensen

On 25 Apr 2005 01:11:51 -0700
"Roy" > wrote:

> > Samsung has been making some very fine HDTV sets lately. They are
> >actually highly coveted compared to sony as of late.

> Those Korean companies are trying to compensate the inferiority of
> their product by riding the high technology band wagon, but that will
> not remove the stigma from users who had bad experience with their
> products previously.
> I tell you, recently someone offered me a good price for latest
> Samsung made Notebook computer and mobile phone but I bought the
> higher priced HP Compaq and the Nokia respectively as these brands had
> been my reliable workhorse for those devices .

I wouldn't buy anything from Carly Fiorina's incarnation of HP. My guess
is that laptop was actually manufactured by Acer - at least the one that i
inspected had nearly all Acer components. fwiw i wouldn't buy a Samsung
notebook either.

I'll give HP another shot in 4-5 years, the new guy may pull things
together.

As for Nokia, I've had three of their phones, and each successively
newer phone had fewer useful features and was harder to use. They had to
take out the calculator feature to let me personalize the ring tones, and
somewhere along the line they necessitated another button press and one
more tier in the menu . . . . Still beats the crap out of Qualcomm though,
I'll give 'em that.