Draegus

I disagree with the others on a couple of points here. First, you can
change the temperature by controlling your air input and outlet, and that
means the side vents and the exhaust. An airtight grill is not the
deciding factor to wether you can change you cooking temperature. I've
heard lots of people argue that keeping the chimney open all the way is the
only way to go, but from my own experimentation on several grills, I
disagree. Play with different combinations on cheaper cuts of meat until
you learn how your grill works. In general, the more airflow past the
charcoal, the hotter it will be.
Second, a good thermometer can be picked up at most barbeque outlets or on
line (Barbeque's Galore) for less than twenty dollars, and will help you a
lot more with your cooking than a thermometer that says "too hot, good, too
cold", or words to that effect.
Some people out there are gear-heads, and will try to make you believe that
you have to spend top dollar on the best equipment you can buy to get decent
barbeque, but don't believe it. Experiment, cook out often with friends and
family, and enjoy!
Draegus

ups.com...