Peter Aitken

"Kate Connally" > wrote in message
>I tried a new recipe on Sunday - Country Captain.
> I've never made it before. It's okay. Tasty, but
> not something I'm gonna make again. I guess it's
> just not to my personal taste. Some others may
> really love it. Here's the recipe. I used chicken
> thighs as I am not a fan of white meat. I needed to
> cook it longer than the recipe said - about 1 hour
> after you put it all together and bring to a boil.
> If you are using a whole chicken you will have thighs
> and they will need that long to cook. I don't know
> about the breast.
>
> Kate

I was quite surprised to find this recipe - or very similar - in a book of
old time traditional southern recipes (southern US). Curry powder? The book
explained that curry and a few other "exotic" spices were brought to
southern ports by sailors a long time ago, and hence became part of the
traditional local cuisine.

--
Peter Aitken