Janet Bostwick

"Sapphire" > wrote in message
oups.com...
> Silly question - do you live in an elevated area? Sometimes that
> effects how the dough rises once it is in the over.
>
> I know for me, as silly as it sounds, sometimes it is to noisy in the
> kitchen or it is when I open the door that the top falls.

You're right, that is silly. You are making bread, not a cake and the bread
should never fall because of noise or opening the oven door. The examples
that you cite mean that you have not developed the dough and gluten
properly, so there is nothing to support the loaf. Real bread dough can be
handled, without a pan to support it, without the dough collapsing.
Janet