Kate Connally

Stan wrote:

> On 4/15/05 7:45 PM, in article ,
> " > wrote:
>
> > When I was a kid, I used to get a truly wonderful soda fountain drink
> > called a vanilla phosphate.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, this beverage seems to have vanished from the face
> > of the Earth.
> >
> > Does anyone know where they may still be had?

> Phosphates are what we called 'em in the Midwest. New Yorkers know them
> better as egg creams.
>
> -Stan

Actually, an egg cream is different from a phosphate.
A phosphate has only syrup and soda water. An egg cream
has has milk in it and is only made with chocolate syrup.
A phosphate can be made with any flavor syrup - vanilla
phosphate, cherry phosphate, strawberry phosphate, or
or chocolate phosphate. Those were the flavors available
at the sode fountain I used to frequent when I was young.
You could make any flavor you wanted if you had the syrup.
Pineapple would be yummy!

Kate
--
Kate Connally