Bob (this one)

Damsel in dis Dress wrote:

> Yep, I'm a Northerner, born and bred. I don't care for the dense,
> non-sweet cornbread that most people seem to enjoy. I'm looking for
> something with a lighter texture. I can add Splenda to taste.
>
> Can anyone help?

Jiffy makes a corn bread mix and a yellow cake mix. They come in the
same-sized boxes. Buy one of each and mix them according to the
respective directions. Combine well and bake at 375°. (One says to bake
at 350° and the other at 400°.)

My Canadian wife who doesn't like our not sweet, not caky Virginia
cornbread loves this stuff. Sweet, caky and with an obvious but not
primary bit of corn bread mouthfeel and taste.

Pastorio