dug88

"Duckie ®" > wrote in message
> Crispy Fish Fingers
>
> Ingredients
> 4 small tilapia or sole fillets (about 1 lb.)
> 1/2 cup buttermilk
> 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper
> 1 cup cornflake crumbs
> Vegetable cooking spray
>
> Directions
> 1. Heat oven to 200 degree F. Cut each fillet lengthwise into 2 or 3
> strips. Combine buttermilk and red pepper on a plate. Pour cornflake
> crumbs onto a sheet of waxed paper. Dip each piece of fish in
> buttermilk
> mixture and coat with crumbs. Place on a cookie sheet or large plate.
>
> 2. Coat a large nonstick skillet with cooking spray. Heat over
> medium-high heat 1 minute. Add half of fish. Cook 4 to 5 minutes,
> turning once halfway through, until fish is crisp, golden and opaque
> in
> center when tested with a small knife. Transfer cooked fish to cookie
> sheet and place in oven to keep warm. Repeat process with remaining
> fish.
>

> http://www.neopets.com/refer.phtml?username=duckiewoman

hi duckie
good to see you
fish fingers is a weekly thing here.
alberta so i get a fresh frozen salmon
thaw over night, in the fridge.
filet and cut to strips.
salmon is already sweet so buttermilk is not so good.
while the salmon thaws, lemon or lime is a nice thing
beer batter is my favoured tuesday night program

to sample or not to sample that is the question.
damned good beer.

beer batter is too simple
what ever part of the beer you can give up. A good mix of all purpose flour
and semolina flour. 50/50. then an egg yoke.
stick in the fridge for a few hours or a day, is okay.

sprinkle the fish with lemon zest or lemopn pepper.
when ya good to go.
your cooking oil must exceed 375, but burning is not a good idea.
coat the fish
compliment is zucchini fingers from the oven

life is short
eat the dessert first
dug88