W. Baker

In alt.support.diabetes None Given > wrote:
: "Ma?k" > wrote in message
: news : >
: >
: > you use one of those vacuum sealers? buy the role of plastic bag and
: > seal and cut as you go?

: DH wanted one of those, now we have a freezer full of vacuum sealed
venison. : It was easier than wrapping in freezer paper and keeps the meat
much better : plus it is easier and quicker to thaw. Come to think of it,
I've never once : seen him use the thing. He always asks me to take care
of anything he wants : vacpacked.

: --
: No Husband Has Ever Been Shot While Doing The Dishes

I get a pretty good vacuum by using a zip-lock bag and a drinking straw.
I almonst close the bag and stick the straw inthe little space let and
suck out the air, sealing the little opening very quickly as i draw the
straw out.

Wendy