whitewater262

Default Seeking gum-free gluten-free recipes

I'm hoping that members of this forum will be able to assist me. I've
already scoured the pages of countless gluten-free cookbooks, only to
discover that their recipes ALL contain ingredients I'm allergic to. I
also spoke to the Gluten-Free Pantry and a number of other
organizations -- and they all rely on ingredients I'm allergic to.

I'm allergic to gum, which includes a variety of substances often used
in gluten free baking (locust bean gum, carob bean gum, arrowroot,
tapioca, xylitol, vellulose, kelp and/or seaweed, and a host of other
natural substances).

I am trying to develop gluten-free bread and/or biscuit recipes that
don't call for these problematic thickening agents. I've already
managed to invent two pancake recipes that don't call for the usual
onslaught of thickening agents and other ingredients. However, I could
use some help in developing a bread or biscuit recipe. Perhpas one of
you has already created such a recipe.

Millet flour, rice flour, and quinoa are the principal flours I work
with these days. I'm hoping to come up with a recipe that calls for
these ingredients, plus water, some kind of oil, vitamin C, and baking
soda.

This IS possible... I just don't have enough baking experience to
figure it out at this stage. I'd welcome any suggestions from members
of this forum.