todd

Default Rival Seal-A-Meal vs. Foodsaver? Any opinions welcome...

Hi,

We're registering for our wedding and have wanted a vacuum sealer for a
while. I have heard a lot about the FoodSaver line, but unfortunately
the two kitchen stores we registered at (WilliamSonoma and Hecht's) do
not carry that brand. Hecht's is the only one to carry a sealer and
they carry the "Rival Seal-A-Meal VS110-BCD" (easily found on
http://www.rivalproducts.com ).

As this looks a bit different then other food sealers I have seen, does
anyone have opinions on how well it works? (vacuum power, bag sealing,
and replacement bag availability). I would use this primarily for
freezing food and food-prep for camping trips.

I searched the history in the rec.food groups and didn't find any
definitive reviews on this product...most people asking the same
question as me.

Thanks in advance for any info,
-todd