Marcella Peek

In article >,
Priscilla Ballou > wrote:

> The recipe matters because I NEED A RECIPE, but I guess I'll go to Joy
> of Cooking. ;-)
>
> Priscilla

Here's a good recipe that we like. It's pretty straightforward. You
can make it into 2 loaves or 24 rolls or some of each. I got the recipe
from my ex-husbands grandma.

Mom's White Bread

2 C warm water
1/4 C sugar
3/4 t salt
1 pkg yeast
1/4 C vegetable oil
6 C all purpose flour

Mix water, sugar, salt, yeast, oil and 4 C flour until fairly smooth.
Let rise 10 minutes. Mix in up to 2 C flour. This should make a fairly
stiff dough. Let rise until doubled. Punch down and let rest for 10
minutes. Shape into two loaves or 24 rolls. Let rise in greased pans
until doubled. Bake loaves at 375 degrees for 40 minutes, rolls will
take less time.

marcella