The Old Bear

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question about dual fuel ranges and
to my earlier question about ranges in general.

We ended up buying a 36" Thermador all-gas range with four burners and a
grill. http://www.thermador.com/product.cfm?product_id=208

Although there were many favorable comments about electric ovens and
temperature control, in my own past experiences with gas ovens -- or at
least with gas ovens with well-designed thermostatic controls -- I have
never found temperature control to be a particular problem.

I found Roy Basan's comments useful (as his comments frequently are),
especially his observations about the control systems on commercial
electric ovens. This makes a lot of sense to me and reconciles my
past mediocre experiences with residential electric ovens with the
positive comments many people make about them.

I'll try to remember to post something about our decision to go with
the Thermador in about six months when I've had some time to live
with the range and learn its strenghts and weaknesses.

Again, my sincere thanks to all.

Cheers,
Will
The Old Bear