TFM®

Rob wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I just got a Brinkman Smoker and am having problems keeping the
> charcoal hot. What is the secret to keeping the coals hot and do you
> mix your wood with your coals?

Holes in the coal pan worked best for me. I drilled a dozen or so half inch
holes all over the bottom.

The best advice though is to get a WSM. It's what a Brinkmann wants to be.

I got mine as a wedding gift. I know they're considerably more expensive
than the Brinkmann, but if my current one ever wears out, I won't hesitate
a second in buying a replacement. They're *that* good.

In a pinch, you could hang the coal pan in a tree and take a shot from about
20 yards with 12 guage 00 buckshot. <G>

TFM®