Janet Bostwick

"Dog3" > wrote in message
1...
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote in news:thisisbogus-
> :
>
>> We had two for supper last night; Cub had them on sale for $4/lb and two
>> were maybe $6.50 . After consulting with the guys in the meat
>> department about how a novice might prepare them, I did this: slit the
>> belly the rest of the way to the tail, sprinkled both sides with
>> Penzeys stuff - Sunny Spain (?) - a lemon pepper thing. Flattened them
>> a bit and put them skin side up on heavy foil on the grill. Cooked them
>> for maybe 8 minutes, turned them and cooked them another 5 or so over
>> low-medium heat. times and temp are approximate. They were delicious
>> -- and moist; I was fearful of overcooking them and drying them out.
>> Wish I had more.
>>
>> Big Mixed Salad, Tater Tot mini-hockey-puck things, broccoli, burned
>> carrots. La Twerp is here and we had her alone for the afternoon and
>> evening. She had cold ham, cooked carrots, Tater Tot things, a slice of
>> cucumber. And some cookies for dessert.

> Yum... It's been a long time since I've had trout. I love trout
> almondine(sp). I've never made it but eaten it in restaurants and it is
> fantastic. I've got some recipes for it. Maybe I'll try it this week and
> report back. Now you've made me hungry for trout.
>
> Michael

We're having halibut tonight. I haven't made the real thing in years
because it is so expensive. Costco had some lovely pieces yesterday that
were within my price range--$12 for 1.3 pound slab. Now I'm practically
afraid to cook it for fear that I will ruin it. What are some good ways to
do halibut--I was thinking oven, but hadn't gotten beyond that.
Janet