Dave Smith

Peter Aitken wrote:

> Our favorite with the rainbows we would catch up in Canada was to take the
> whole fish (cleaned and scaled) and make deep slits in the sides. Stuff each
> slit wth ginger slivers. Put some more ginger and some scallions in the
> belly. Wrap tightly in foil and steam for 1 hour.

Best rainbow trout I ever cooked was from a trout farm about a mile from my
house. I went over just before dinner and got four trout right out of the pond.
They were netted and cleaned for me. I wished later that I had had them debone
them for me too. I made up a stuffing with some shrimp, crab, onion, breadcrumbs
and some seasoning, stuffed and baked them. They turned out wonderfully.