Streuth Cor Blimey

Default French Plonk?

I have opened a Cabernet Sauvignon and it is truly
the most disappointing tasting wine I have had for
some time.
There was a distinct and unpleasant tannic taste which
I sensed was never there in a number of other types I
have purchased. Worse still the "perfume" on opening had
something which I can only call "petrol-like"
I left it to one side, with the resolve to try it after standing,
and although there was an expected improvement, it was
barely drinkable
The Label says:
Vin de Provence
Domaine Gypiere
2002
Vin Pays Du Var

Second release.

This seems to mean it's a "country wine", or one that has no
"appellation" certification?
What does "Second Release" mean?
Why would an uncertified wine be reserved?

Would you agree that French wine bought in England is overpriced
in the under ten pounds English range?

--
Streuth