kalanamak

Default feeding someone with no teeth

Boron Elgar wrote:

> On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:26:14 +0800, "Raelene"
> > wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >What the heck am I supposed to feed someone who has no teeth?
> >
> >My mother is convalescing from a major hosp. op. & the false teeth no longer
> >feet....... consequently........ no teeth!

When people have been through alot, particularly the elderly, every
barrier to proper nutrition is an additional risk for malnutrition and
POOR HEALING. Unless she is gobbling down a balanced puree'd diet,
figure out what kind of Ensure, Resource, etc is best for her and that
she'll eat, and start SOON. They make these for renal patients,
diabetics, constipated people, lactose intolerance people, etc.
Anorexia is common after illness, so don't be alarmed, but don't let it
prolong her recovery.
blacksalt
who, unlike The Shadow, isn't the only one who knows this