Mat

Default Heads up / recommendation for Australian riesling lovers [RichmondGrove].

Hello,

Given the love of riesling some ppl have in here, thot I would report a
recent review by Ralph Kyte-Powell in the Age newspaper here in Melbourne.

He gave the Richmond Grove 2004 Riesling 5/5. At $12-14AU [probably
cheaper around] he labels it "an astonishing buy".

This is the entry level label. There are higher rieslings I think.

Greenish, pale colour and delicate aroma that's floral and lime-accented
with a tight, mineral thread. The palate is ripe, yet classically
structured with intense fruit and zesty acidity in excellent balance. It
should age well.

Drink over 5 years plus.

I've never had anything from Richmond Grove, but a friend swears by the
Chardonnay with crustaceans.

Mat.