Wayne Boatwright

Default feeding someone with no teeth

Katra > wrote in
:

> In article > ,
> "Raelene" > wrote:
>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> What the heck am I supposed to feed someone who has no teeth?
>>
>> My mother is convalescing from a major hosp. op. & the false teeth no
>> longer feet....... consequently........ no teeth!
>>
>> Yes, yes, yes I know.... get them fixed...... but it's not an option
>> for someone bedridden.
>>
>> Heck, I couldn't even find a can of pureed(?) fruit at the Coles
>> supermarket this morning.
>>
>> Raelene - currently eating crushed Flake on Ice cream.
>> Yummmooooooooo xxx
>>

> What would you feed an infant? :-)
>
> 'bout the same really. Pureed real food, baby foods, protien shakes...
>
> QED. :-)
>
> K.

You can puree damned near anything in either a blender or food processor.
What's the problem? Also, many foods can be cooked soft enough to eat
without teeth. I once work in an office with a woman who had no teeth
and wore no dentures. I couldn't believe the things she would "gum" for
lunch! <G>

Wayne