Melba's Jammin'

In article .com>,
"Sheldon" > wrote:

> Melba's Jammin' wrote:
> > In article .com>,

> > (snip)
> > > First YOU need to put some new D cells in your flashlight, and
> > > then maybe you will be capable of illuminating the *specifics*
> > > regarding WHY you can no longer eat barley (for all we know
> > > someone knocked out all your teeth and your jaw is wired), and
> > > what in particular you hope to accomplish.

> > > Sheldon

> > What difference does it make? She says she can't eat it.

> "it"... that's the point... gotta know what "it" is, Bubba Barb... what
> component of barley.
>
> Because she asked to suggest something else similar... not possible to
> do so in any intelligent way without knowing the specific parameters of
> why not barley. What difference does it make you say, so what
> alternative would you suggest, "Hey, eat shit."
>
> Now stop being smarmy, Barb... doesn't suit you.

Heh! No, I wouldn't tell her to eat shit -- I'd never consider it as a
subsitute for barley (in cooking or in anything else, for that matter).
Smarmy, huh? I don't think so. Something about your response struck me
as combative and since it was her first post, I was trying to counter
your (perceived, but not without some justification, since you're often
rough on newcomers) snotty remark about her capabilities. :-P So,
there.
Why not just answer her question (or don't) and let the conversation
develop naturally. Like Alex Rast's reply and her response to it.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> The Nylons added 4-3-05.