The Old Bear

Default any opinions on "dual fuel" ranges

We're continuing to shop for a new range. I have a personal
preference for natural gas fueled ranges and ovens but I
notice that a number of manufacturers are now making "dual
fuel" ranges with gas burners and electric convection ovens.

Is there any meaningful advantage to this?

I understand that natural gas produces water vapor (and
carbon dioxide) when it burns and that this makes the
humidity in gas ovens higher than in their electric
counterparts. I would assume that this affects the baking
process for better or worse. What has been your experience?

I could post this to the appliance newsgroup, but I'd
rather have the opinions of people who actually bake
and not just technical theory of one versus the other type
of oven.

Thanks.

Sincerely,
Will