Dee Randall

"Terrel" > wrote in message
>> "AK" > wrote:
>>
>> I'd like to know some baking tips from those who love baking and are
>> willing to share their tips! Thanx alot

> A lot of baking recipes call for greasing and flouring the pan. When
> I'm making a bundt cake, or using any kind of a pan with
> grooves/fluting, I use a pastry brush to grease the pan. The pastry
> brush makes it easier to get the shortening into all the grooves in
> the pan. I also use the pastry brush to help spread the flour into the
> grooves.
>
> Terrel

If you want a little extra chocolate in your cake, instead of flouring the
pan, sprinkle cocoa.
I also use a clean pastry brush to brush off the flour all over my
KitchenAid mixer stand, which invariable is covered with flour -- easier and
less work than washing it off.
Also, soak any bowl you've mixed flour in in cold water instead of hot
water -- it will come out easier.
Dee