Ida Slapter

On Sun, 03 Apr 2005 12:42:33 -0400, Terrel
> wrote:

>A lot of baking recipes call for greasing and flouring the pan

When baking a chocolate cake, I dust the pan with cocoa.

When getting ready to frost a layer, I turn it upside down so I have a
perfectly flat "top". Makes for a nicer presentation.

The Fine Art of Cooking involves personal choice.
Many preferences, ingredients, and procedures may not
be consistent with what you know to be true.
As with any recipe, you may find your personal
intervention will be necessary. Bon Appetit!