Wayne Boatwright

On Fri 01 Apr 2005 08:53:09p, Melba's Jammin' wrote in rec.food.cooking:

> In article >, Wayne Boatwright
> > wrote:
>
>> On Fri 01 Apr 2005 06:35:11p, Melba's Jammin' wrote in
>> rec.food.cooking:

> (snippage)
>> > I'll prepare the breasts that way again, but may instead spread some
>> > salsa on top of at least his, if not mine.
>> >
>> > I put a picture on my website.

>> I would really like this! I love chutneys and this one sounds
>> delicious.
>>
>> I have to admit that I really can't stand skinless, boneless chicken
>> breasts, but adding tons of flavor completely transforms their
>> insipidness.

> I can do bland chicken breast. I can't do dry. These were not dry at
> all--they were moist and juicy. Cooking them didn't take long, as
> noted. I liked tonight's offerings better than any I've grilled in the
> last years.

There are a couple of ways that I grill them that still leave them moist
and tender. To begin with, I always pound them out fairly flat, no more
than 1/2 inch thick. They're on and off the grill more quickly.

One way is to marinate them overnight in olive oil and balsamic vinegar,
then grill quickly and smother in raspberry chipotle sauce.

The other is a recipe I've made for years, Cinnamon Chicken.

* Exported from MasterCook *

Cinnamon Chicken

Recipe By :
Serving Size : 2 Preparation Time :0:00
Categories : Chicken Marinades
Poultry Robb's

1/4 c Oil
1/4 c Orange juice
1/3 c Honey
2 ts Coarse-grained mustard
2 ts Cinnamon
2 Garlic cloves, crushed
1 tb Fresh lemon juice
Salt & pepper, to taste
2 Chicken breast halves
Skinned and boned

Pound chicken breast halves flat.

Combine all ingredients in blender container. Blend until thoroughly
emulsified. Pour marinade over chicken and marinate, covered, for 6
hours or overnight, turning occasionally.

Bring chicken to room temperature 1 hour before serving. Grill breasts
for 6-10 minutes per side, depending on heat and thickness of breasts,
basting with marinade several times.

Variation: Substitute juice of 1 lime for orange and lemon juice.

--
Wayne Boatwright

Sam Goldwyn, 1882-1974