Sheldon

Monsur Fromage du Pollet wrote:
> Melba's Jammin' > wrote in
> :
>

> > I thawed two boneless chicken breast halves and took the skin off.
> >
> > I dipped the nekkid and unseasoned breasts (cover your eyes,
> > children) into lightly beaten egg white and then into Panko bread
> > crumbs.
> >
> > I sprayed a non stick skillet with olive oil and browned the
> > breasts, turning them a couple times. (I spritzed some more olive
> > oil on them before turning again.)
> >
> > Then I mixed some of Bonnie Madre's peach preserves gift (maybe a
> > tablespoon or two) with about 1/3 cup of Peach Apricot Chutney (a
> > ribbon winner at last year's State Fair, thank you), smeared it on
> > top of the two breasts in the skillet, covered the pan and let it
> > continue to cook to warm the chutney. The whole cooking didn't

take
> > 10 minutes, I'll bet.
> >
> > I served it with brown rice with soy sauce and Butter Buds mixed

in,
> > some raw carrot sticks, and a mixed-greens salad.
> >
> > I thought it was great. Rob choked it down. :-)
> > "How do you like it?"
> > "It's fine."
> > "Yeah? Why are you stuffing it in your cheeks?"
> > I know the significance of the pocket gopher act. He doesn't like
> > the chutney. Pity, because I've got another jar of it, I think.
> >
> > I'll prepare the breasts that way again, but may instead spread

some
> > salsa on top of at least his, if not mine.
> >
> > I put a picture on my website.

> When I use panko I put a little mustard in the egg white...just a
> thought.

Yes, hot chinese, a good mustard plaster. And before the egg white
wash I would have given Melba's breasts a caress with dusting flour,
evening in paris of course... tweaks em so the panko sticks better. I
also would have tsken my trusty mallet in hand to gently pound Barb's
breasts to voluptuous tenderness... make em kinda flat like chicken
mammogram diane. lol

Sheldon (honoring Frank Perdue)

Frank Perdue, chicken magnate and TV pitchman, dies at 84

SALISBURY, Md. (AP) - Frank Perdue, who transformed a backyard egg
business into one of the nation's largest food companies and became a
popular television pitchman for his brand of chickens, has died.

He died Thursday after a brief illness, the company said Friday. He was
84.

At the time of his death, Perdue was chairman of the executive
committee of the board of directors of Perdue Farms Inc., based in
Salisbury.

He was known to TV audiences as the man who said, "It takes a tough man
to make a tender chicken." His tough, folksy TV persona helped boost
sales from $56 million in 1970 to more than $1.2 billion by 1991.

He had taken to the airwaves in 1971, and the company was credited with
being the first to advertise chickens by brand.

Perdue turned the reins over to his son, Jim, in 1991.

04/01/05 09:33 EST

Copyright 2005 The Associated Press
---