Melba's Jammin'

Default Recipe: Chutney Chicken Breasts

I thawed two boneless chicken breast halves and took the skin off.

I dipped the nekkid and unseasoned breasts (cover your eyes, children)
into lightly beaten egg white and then into Panko bread crumbs.

I sprayed a non stick skillet with olive oil and browned the breasts,
turning them a couple times. (I spritzed some more olive oil on them
before turning again.)

Then I mixed some of Bonnie Madre's peach preserves gift (maybe a
tablespoon or two) with about 1/3 cup of Peach Apricot Chutney (a ribbon
winner at last year's State Fair, thank you), smeared it on top of the
two breasts in the skillet, covered the pan and let it continue to cook
to warm the chutney. The whole cooking didn't take 10 minutes, I'll bet.

I served it with brown rice with soy sauce and Butter Buds mixed in,
some raw carrot sticks, and a mixed-greens salad.

I thought it was great. Rob choked it down. :-)
"How do you like it?"
"It's fine."
"Yeah? Why are you stuffing it in your cheeks?"
I know the significance of the pocket gopher act. He doesn't like the
chutney. Pity, because I've got another jar of it, I think.

I'll prepare the breasts that way again, but may instead spread some
salsa on top of at least his, if not mine.

I put a picture on my website.
--
-Barb, <http://www.jamlady.eboard.com> Chutney Chicken pic added 4-1-05.