Dwayne

And after you get an answer and try it, put it on the shelf for about 6
months before selling any. That gives you a chance to see if it has a shelf
life. I made peach jam last summer with Splenda. Everyone said they had
problems with mold on top after about 2 weeks. I found one recipe that said
to Hot Water Bath after everything else, so I did. The jam set up nicely,
and 2 months later it looked very good. I was confident that I had done
everything right and overcame the problem of making jam with no sugar.

After about 6 months, the top 1/2 inch of all the jars of peach jam, had
turned a slightly darker color. After opening one, it still tasted good. I
scraped off the top 1/2 inch and ate it. It is very good, but nothing you
would be able to sell to your customers.
The only jars I made that didn't change, were the ones I put in the freezer.
It makes good freezer jam, but I wouldn't want to be your salesman trying to
sell it the regular way.

Dwayne

..

news:1111537510.da3a7871737ecb6672e5f701980e5d9f@t eranews...