aem

Ariane Jenkins wrote:
> [snip]
> And it can be stir-fried separately from the
> rice OR stir-fried with it, it varies according to who's making it.
> An aunt of mine does it the omelet way--cooking it into a thin
> pancake and then cooling it before julienning it for a garnish.
> Other aunts of mine simply scramble it with the rice so that it forms
> small chunks mixed in with everything else. Less elegant, perhaps,
> but it's faster and it tastes just as good. [snip]

Tastes better, I think. I push the rice away from the bottom of the
wok and break the egg(s) in there, season with s&p and a few drops of
sesame oil, scramble it in place until set but still soft, then stir it
into the rice. Doing it the 'garnish omelet' way almost always gets
you overly cooked, dry results. -aem