Lew Hodgett

Default Thick Noodles

Thick Noodles

My mother is 99, headed for 100, and in her day never made noodles using
less than 6 eggs.

6 eggs
ice water
flour

She would mix the egg, flour and a little ice water, then roll the dough
out into sheets, which were laid on newspapers hung over the dining room
chairs to dry for a while (Maybe 30-45 minutes). The sheets of dough were
then rolled like a jelly roll and cut into strips as thin or as wide as
desired. She would then allow the cut noodles to dry for several hours
before using.

Knowing all the work that goes into making good noodles, I buy mine from
the super market.

--
Lew

--
Rec.food.recipes is moderated by Patricia D. Hill at .
Archives: