Melba's Jammin'

(Victor Sack) wrote:

> > > The recipe is from
> > > <http://aww.ninemsn.com.au/ARTICLE.aspx?id=41393>.
> > >
> > > Smoked chicken with couscous, orange and beetroot

> > > INGREDIENTS
> > >
> > > 2 smoked chicken breasts, finely sliced
> > >
> > > 1 cup couscous
> > > 1 cup orange juice
> > > 1 teaspoon ground coriander seed
> > > 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin seed
> > > 1 Spanish onion, finely chopped
> > > 1/4 bunch coriander, chopped
> > > 1/4 bunch parsley, shredded
> > > Salt and black pepper
> > >
> > > 4 large beetroots

> > Stop right THERE, Bubba!

> Don't want your beloved beets adulterated with anything else, eh?
>
> > Rob wouldn't eat it -- he won't do coriander

> But he will do beets, with great pleasure! Besides, Sam will like it
> even more!
>
> > (when you say a bunch, may
> > I safely assume you're referring to what I would call cilantro? If not,
> > clarify, please. Danke.)

> It's cilantro, most assuredly. Considering that the taste is very
> different from coriander seeds, won't Rob eat it, either?
>
> Bubba

Bubba, darlin', you and I seem to be having trouble communicating today.
.. . . one of us is kind of fuzzy -- and I don't shave my face (yet!)
so it must be you. YOU called it coriander and I was trying to
ascertain that your BUNCH of coriander (the leafy part that I know as
cilantro) was the selfsame stuff I would have called cilantro. And I
know there's a difference. And he won't do cilantro (leafy stuff he
thinks tastes soapy) and I do not know about coriander because I almost
never use it, though I do have a tablespoon or two in a jar. NOW do
you get it?
--
-Barb, <www.jamlady.eboard.com> Arizona vacation pics added 3-24-05.