Blues Lyne

"pilo_" > wrote in message

> hi everyone - just a thought here.
>
> since there are SO many tea vendors on the 'net,
> maybe we could make notification here when we
> find a vendor that has rec'd new '05 teas.
> i think that would be good...........p*

www.denstea.com sold out its old stock to revamp the product line. They
were out of all their Japanese teas for awhile. I think they said they were
waiting for the 2005 teas to start coming in, though I could be wrong. The
teas are now flown in instead of shipped (30-60 days) and are supposed to be
much fresher. They say they are processed as needed then flown to the US.
I purchased three different teas from them and they are all excellent. I
got a Sencha Fuka-midori ($6.50/56g), a Fukamushi-Sencha special ($6.25/56g)
and a Green Kukicha ($6.00/56g) However, they may have been in cold
storage and freshly finished and flown in. If that's the case, though, it
doesn't make sense that they were out for so long. They are more subtle but
more complex and sweet than their previous teas. Very little astringency or
grassiness. They also included several samples that are a pretty generous
size, much larger than the samples from Upton or Special Teas. They sent a
Gemaicha with Matcha, a Gyokuro, and a Grape Sencha, for free. I'm not in
much of a rush to try the grape sencha, though I guess I could be surprised.

I'm a bit disappointed that their $7-8/100g Sencha's are no more. They were
great everyday teas.

Blues