yempf

Barb,

How about this from Cooking Light:

Couscous Salad with Chicken and Chopped Vegetables

The creamy yogurt dressing has a hint of sweetness from the honey and
an extra zing from the vinegar.

Salad:
1 1/2 cups water
1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
3/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup uncooked couscous
1 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
1/2 cup finely chopped zucchini
1/2 cup chopped mushrooms
1 1/2 cups chopped skinless, boneless rotisserie chicken
1/2 cup (1/8-inch-thick) diagonally cut carrot
1/4 cup thinly sliced green onions
3 tablespoons dried currants
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh mint
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Dressing:
1 cup plain low-fat yogurt
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon honey
1 tablespoon white wine vinegar

To prepare salad, bring water, 1 teaspoon oil, and salt to a boil in
a medium saucepan; gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover
and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork. Place in a large bowl; cool
to room temperature.

Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add remaining oil
to pan. Add the bell pepper, zucchini, and mushrooms; sauté 4 minutes or
until bell pepper is tender. Add bell pepper mixture, chicken, carrot,
onions, currants, mint, and black pepper to couscous; toss gently to
combine.

To prepare dressing, combine yogurt and remaining ingredients, stirring
with a whisk. Drizzle over couscous mixture, tossing gently to combine.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)

CALORIES 368 (20% from fat); FAT 8g (satfat 2.1g, monofat 4g, polyfat
1.2g); PROTEIN 24.1g; CARBOHYDRATE 49.4g; FIBER 4.3g; CHOLESTEROL 46mg;
IRON 1.8mg; SODIUM 540mg; CALCIUM 148mg;
Cooking Light, JUNE 2004

or this, check out the CL website for some other chicken and couscous
ideas.

Chicken and Couscous Salad

If you can't find the specified box size of couscous, you can use 1
cup uncooked couscous. If you have any salad left, take it to work for a
light lunch.

Salad:
1 1/4 cups fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth
1 (5.7-ounce) box uncooked couscous
1 1/2 cups cubed cooked chicken (about 6 ounces)
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1/2 cup diced radishes (about 3 large)
1/2 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
2 tablespoons pine nuts, toasted

Dressing:
1/4 cup white wine vinegar
1 1/2 tablespoons extravirgin olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 garlic clove, minced

To prepare salad, bring broth to a boil in a medium saucepan;
gradually stir in couscous. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5
minutes. Fluff with a fork. Spoon couscous into a large bowl; cool
slightly. Add chicken, onions, radishes, cucumber, parsley, and pine
nuts; toss gently to combine.

To prepare dressing, combine vinegar and remaining ingredients, stirring
with a whisk. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to combine.

Note: You can toast nuts quickly in a dry skillet over medium-high heat.
Stir frequently, and as soon as they become fragrant, remove the nuts
from the pan.

Yield: 4 servings (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)

CALORIES 334 (29% from fat); FAT 10.9g (satfat 2g, monofat 5.9g,
polyfat 2.1g); PROTEIN 20.9g; CARBOHYDRATE 35.8g; FIBER 2.9g;
CHOLESTEROL 39mg; IRON 1.8mg; SODIUM 484mg; CALCIUM 23mg;
Cooking Light, MAY 2004