Vox Humana

Default Slowcooking a WHOLE turkey

"Taffy Stoker" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Jan 2004 16:08:12 GMT, "Vox Humana" >
> wrote:
>

> >I think it would be too much work to reduce the turkey into pieces small
> >enough to fit into a 6 quart slow cooker.

> It is a 6 quart *oval* slow cooker if that helps any.

I guess if it fits in there whole, you can give it a try. If the turkey
doesn't already have brine injected into it (look at the label) you can
brine it first. I would just rub it with some oil and sprinkle it with salt
and pepper (inside and out). I think that the issue with the bird remaining
in the danger zone between 40F and 140F for too long is a real
consideration. Turkey is cheap though. If it comes out flavorless, you can
always make turkey salad with it.

You might want to look at the Butterball website. A quick search found this
recipe for turkey breast using a slow cooker:
http://www.butterball.com/en/main_ca...ipeId=10 1111