Roy

>When I make pizza dough it raises well, around double the size in

about
>45 minutes. The problem with my dough is it is too gooie and I'm not
>able to toss it. Even when I try to knead it it is too elastic and
>shrinks as I knead the dough.
>I follow the following recipe (I use a bread machine for making the

dough).
>1 tablespoon sugar
>1 1/4 cup water
>1 teaspoon yeast
>3 cups bread flour
>1 teaspoon salt
>1/4 cup oil

..
>Any suggestions?

Hmmnn....
Calculating your ingredient ratios....

Flour 100%
Sugar 3%
Water 69%
Yeast 0.8%
Salt 1.2
Oil 14%

Your recipe is wet...you should slightly increase your flour if that is
easier for you to do.... Or reduce the water to make it easier to
handle.
Do not try to reduce the amount of oil as you are using a very strong
flour and you had problems with excessive elasticity and shrinkage.And
you had no problem with that..
To ,minimize elasticity and shrinkage: (1) that do not overmix the
dough but just halfway and not more than two thirds developed and
that;s it. Pizzas with really strong flour when overmixed tends to be
too tough to handle and manipulate.
(2) Do not add the oil immediately at the start of mixing rather As
that will slow down the water absoprtion rate. But latter when it has
attained integrity or start to develop then gradually add the oil.
(3)When done take it out from the mixer and bulk ferment it then
divide into requires sizes and round,
(4) Rest for sufficient time or chill for several hours so that the
dough will be really extensible.
Be sure to watch dough temperature. If the dough comes out warm its
tends to be tough to manipulate than when its cool. That is why its
recommendable to chill the pizza dough before using it and it will come
out fine.
Roy